US Coast Guard Documentation
for recreational and commercial vessels
Documentation is a means by which a vessel becomes federally registered.
This procedure occurs under the authority of the Department of Transportation through the United States Coast Guard.
Click below for more information…
State Titling and Registration
Each state has different requirements and procedures for title and registration.
New England Marine Documentation is familiar with the specific procedures in all 50 states, and will expedite the process of registering and titling your vessel.
Click the link below to view the State Titling & Registration Requirement map
Our staff is knowledgeable and experienced in the complex process of foreign vessel registry.
We are currently able to register vessels in the following countries and foreign localities:
with the US Coast Guard or the appropriate state agency
A preferred Ships Mortgage may be recorded against a documented vessel. In the event of a default, the preferred mortgage has a priority over most other maritime liens.
For this reason, a lender will often request that the vessel be documented and its loan be secured by the filing of a preferred ships mortgage.
NEMD PROVIDES COMPLETE CLOSING SERVICES FOR ALL VESSEL TRANSACTIONS INCLUDING:
- LIEN SEARCHES INCLUDING UNIFORM COMMERCIAL CODE (UCC) &
ABSTRACTS OF TITLE
- STATE TITLE SEARCHES
- CORPORATE GOOD STANDINGS &
INCUMBENCY (DOMESTIC & FOREIGN)
- BILLS OF SALE & DEEDS OF GIFT
- INITIAL US DOCUMENTATION
- DELETION FROM US COAST GUARD
- COMMERCIAL ENDORSEMENTS
- PREFERRED SHIPS MORTGAGE
- SATISFACTION OF MORTGAGE
- STATE TITLE AND REGISTRATIONS
- CLAIM OF LIEN FILINGS
- REPLACEMENT OF LOST OR MUTILATED DOCUMENTS
- VESSEL NAME / HAILING PORT CHANGE
- FOREIGN REGISTRIES & DELETIONS
- FOREIGN REGISTRY SEARCHES
- OFFICIAL NUMBER BOARDS & TRANSOM MARKINGS
- VESSEL INTAKE SERVICE FOR BROKERS (FOR TRADE-INS)
NEMD SPECIALIZES IN DIFFICULT TRANSACTIONS INCLUDING:
- OVERSEAS OWNERS
- DEATH (ESTATE SALES)
- REPOSSESSIONS / MARSHAL SALES
- OUT-OF-BUSINESS CORPORATE OWNERS
- CHANGE OF STOCKHOLDERS OR DIRECTORS